If you have lost a pet it is recommended that you visit the Corona Animal Shelter in person. Stray animals without identification are held for three(3) shelter business days. Animals with a license are held ten (10) days. To reclaim your pet you must have identification and be at least 18 years old. Bring your pet's records including dog license, rabies vaccination or AKC registration certificates as proof of ownership. Fees for service will be charged to claim your pet.
Please remember, that you are the best person to identify your pet.
Checking area animal shelters at least every other day is recommended.
The following suggestions may help you find your lost pet:
- Start looking for your pet immediately.
- Visit the Animal Shelter at least once every other day.
- Fill out a lost report at the Animal Shelter and check the Found Animal Reports.
- Ask about animals taken to the veterinarian or that have been picked up deceased.
- Keep checking, many people who find lost pets may keep them for weeks before turning them in.
- Alway's keep I.D. on your pets.
- If you have found an animal wearing a City of Corona Dog License, call (951) 736-2309 between 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday or Saturday between 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. for assistance in returning the animal to its owner.
Please remember that the placement of Lost and Found pet signs or flyers in the City of Corona right-of-way, including City trees, light standards, utilities and traffic devices is a violation of the Corona Municipal Code Section (17.74.200 CMC.) Please be a good neighbor and help keep our City