Green Corona - Information for our residents
The City of Corona is involved in a number of projects to reduce energy costs, lower our carbon footprint, and extend natural resources. We promote, encourage and participate in local recycling efforts, host regular Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection events, and work with surrounding agencies in leveraging resources to capitalize on our combined environmental innovation.
The City of Corona is a proud GOLD Energy Level Leader in standing partnership with the Community Energy Partnership
(CEP). The City's GOLD Level is a result of substantial and sustained energy savings in its municipal facilities and throughout the community.
|Targeted kWh Reductions
||2004 Baseline (kWh)
||2004-2011 Energy Savings (kWh)
Click on the Energy Leader icon above to view the City award.
* kWh savings equivalent to:
- Annual greenhouse has emissions from 810 passenger cars
- CO2 emissions from 463,380 gallons of gasoline consumed
- CO2 emissions from the electricity use of 515 homes for one year
- Greenhouse gas emissions avoided by recycling 1,440 tons of waste instead of sending it to the landfill
- Annual savings of nearly $900,000
- Source: Greenhouse Gas Equivalency Calculator
By implementing some simple practices, the City has achieved quite a bit. You can also help improve the environment and maybe even lower your monthly expenses by following some of the tips and information provided in the links below.
NEW - CITY OF CORONA RECYCLING PROGRAMS, click here. (Updated Winter 2012, .pdf format)
E-mail the Public Works Department
Return to Public Works main page